I've been working on making time for the fun stuff. For rest. For enjoyment.
What is the chief end of man? To know God and to enjoy Him forever. Paraphrased from the catechism. I'm not catholic, but there is a lot of wisdom in the catechism.
Also, not just in the catechism, but in scripture itself, we are commanded to delight ourselves in the Lord. This is one command that I love. :-) Just thinking about the possibility of delighting in the Lord brings delight automatically. I love that.
Today is a lovely day. My schedule is organized, I got a good night's sleep. My beautiful baby is feeling better and consequently is in a much better mood. The sun is shining. The weather is a gorgeous 77 degrees. My windows are open and breezing in the fresh air. My sprinkler is running outside so there's a nice swishy fresh sound in the background. There is food in the house so we can have a leisurely yummy breakfast (when my sweet hubband wakes up). Tonight we will worship our great God and King with our beloved brothers and sisters and hear the Truth of the Lord taught inspiringly from our anointed pastor.
It's a delightful sabbath day. Amen.
:-)
Fingerprint Identification
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment